Pages

Topics

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Detox Symptoms

Yesterday was Day 5 for me on the detox and I finally remembered to start the Cyto cleanse & catch products. I took 2 capsules of the Cyto Cleanse around lunch, 2 more in the evening and then began to feel *very* strange. I started feeling a lot of pressure in my head and face, but not what I would call a headache. I then began to have dizzy spells and some symptoms of detachment (I didn't feel connected to my hands/arms), which I felt for the first time last year prior to having my first panic attack. This came in waves and was very unsettling to me. I was finally able to take the Cyto Catch and waited to see if my symptoms would improve. I fell asleep while waiting for the pressure and dizziness to decrease (it had become a headache at this point), and when I woke up at 7:30 am my head was STILL hurting in the same manner. I got up to use to bathroom and laid back down. I woke up again a couple of hours later and my symptoms were gone! Wesley and I assumed (while it was happening) that I was having a release of toxins into my system from the Cyto cleanse which was causing the weird symptoms. I'm kind of leery of taking the Cyto cleanse today, but I know I'd rather get the toxins out than have them locked up in my fat cells.

I weighed myself this morning and the scale just keeps going down! I can't tell you how many things I've tried in the last 2-3 years to loose this steroid induced weight gain only to have the scale mock me. Oh yeah, and I feel like I'm eating more regularly than I have in a long while. Sometimes I would go all day only to have a late lunch or dinner that was probably void of a lot of nutrients, if not all. Wesley and I are taking turns cooking (yay!) and eating everything fresh is so rewarding to the taste buds! We're eating less at every meal, but I'm feeling satisfied (unfortunately, Wesley reports that he is often still very hungry). We've both had sugar & starch cravings but have managed to find some acceptable items that we can call "treats" in order to keep us on the straight and narrow (for me it's Greek yogurt and blackberries). Realizing when your "hunger" is mental is a huge arrow in your quiver.

One more interesting symptom I just thought of. My abdominal muscles were really, really sore when I woke up on Thursday, as if I had spent hours in the gym doing crunches and oblique work a day or two before. I haven't done any exercises or activity that would make my abs feels so sore since Sunday! Could this be a symptom of detoxing as well? I've never felt this before but it's kind of exciting for me. :-) 

Looking forward to our Monday meeting!

~Selena

No comments: