Pages

Topics

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Detox Friendly Cosmetics

In my never ending search for "clean" lotions, soaps, shampoos, conditioners and body washes, I came across a brand called Griffin Remedy while reading some shampoo labels at Wheatsville Co-op today. I was pleasantly surprised by their ingredients, as I recognized every one and it wasn't a list as long as my arm (I think there were an average of 6 ingredients in their various products). I recently discovered that the J/A/S/O/N/S shampoo and conditioner I have been using for about a year, wasn't as clean as I thought it was after a quick search in the Cosmetics Database. I stopped using it last week, and tried Dr. Bronner's baby friendly liquid all purpose soap instead, only to end up with what felt like a head full of straw.

I've yet to try the Griffin Remedy shampoo and conditioner I purchased this evening, but will report back as soon as I have. I also tried the Omega-3 unscented lotion tester at Wheatsville, and it was *awesome*! I'm a lotion connoisseur, and instantly fell in love with it's rich moisture and soothing effect on my skin (I have very sensitive skin). Unfortunately, they were out of the unscented kind at Wheatsville, so I'm going to order some from the Griffin Remedy website. I'm really excited about how clean these products seems to be and look forward to trying out their whole line! Like their slogan says, "what goes on your skin goes in your body."

No comments: